Monday, May 11, 2009

A little late on the draw

So yes I know this is a little late, but better late than never correct?
I was on the New York Times website today looking in their style section at some of the slideshows on Fall 2009 Runway shows such as Chloe, MiuMiu and Louis Vuitton. 

Leave it up to Marc himself to design a little bright pink and back number that doesnt remind me of something that Avril Lavigne threw up. (see above)
I have never, since the birth of the pop rock princess spawn worn black and pink together. Personally I find it offensive. But the pops of colour used in Vuitton's Fall 2009 collection are nothing close to offensive. I find them refreshing. 
Miu Miu and Chloe both resorted to the pale colours, browns and beiges as are normally seen in the fall lines. While obviously Marc is not the first to add pops of vibrancy to the Fall Winter drab, and even though I am not so sure about the bunny ear headdresses, he has single handedly changed my mind about pink and black and their ability to be together. 
Proceed with caution, but know that you have my blessing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment